We currently have two teams in the Dorset league. Matches are played on Wednesday evenings at the Leaf Academy from 8-10pm. Please ensure that you arrive early as matches must be completed and the sports hall vacated by 10pm. If your match is a “home” match please ensure that you get a tube of shuttles and score sheet in plenty of time from Russell. It is also a good idea to have some old shuttles with you for “knocking up” before your match. Also please note that if you are playing a “home” match that the scores are entered online within three days of the match by the team captain, to ensure you do not receive penalty points for late entry of results (please see full rules below). If your team captain, is for any reason unable to upload the scores in time, please let Russell know and he will upload them for you.
The fixtures for the Dorset league are made by the Dorset League Manager (Andrew Williams) at the beginning of the season.
The cost to play in a league match (home or away) is £6.00 for block payers. The cost for non block payers is £10.00 per match.
Dorset League Rules:-
1. All players are to be affiliated to Badminton England. Failure to do so will incur point deductions and random checks will be made.
2. Teams consist of 2 ladies and 2 men. Both teams form two mixed pairs each. Each pair plays both of the opposing pairs. In total then for each fixture there are 4 mixed games, 1 ladies and 1 mens. The game is played with feather shuttles and the rally point scoring system is used.
3. Fees to be paid in full or in 2 halves. The first payment will be due on the 9th of September, and the second payment will be due on the 7th January. Failure to meet these dates will incur a penalty. For each complete week the money is outstanding the team will incur a 5 point penalty.
4. Any teams that pull out during the season will not be refunded any monies and all scores will be disregarded.
5. Games will start at 8.00pm SHARP with a maximum of 3 minutes knock-up and the last match must finish by 10pm The home team is to take responsibility to ensure the games start promptly.
5A. If it is decided the last game cannot be played due to running out of time 1 game is played to 21, and this game will score 2 points. If 2 games are played and time has run out the third game will be ignored. All final games must be under way by 9.40PM otherwise the single game rule will apply.
6. A player can play up a division on 2 occasions, after the third occasion that player cannot play for the lower division. A player can change to another Club if he/she has only played on 1 or 2 occasions for that Club. If the player has played on more occasions they will be required to miss 2 games on joining the new Club.
7. At the end of the season, the top Club goes up and the bottom Club goes down. If there is a tie the Club with the most away games goes up or the Club with the least number of away games goes down. In the interests of fair play, no team can refuse promotion or demotion.
8. Any team that wishes to rearrange a match will have to arrange a date with the opposition that is agreeable to both and the team that wants to re-arrange must incur the cost of additional court hire.
8 Matches that need re-arranging
8a) Matches can only be re-arranged with the permission of the League Manager which would not normally be refused as long as the League doesn’t inccur any additional cost.
8b) Additional matches/re-arranged matches can be organised to be played at Harewood College via the League Manager (or at a venue agreeable to both team captains) through email correspondance at the full price of court hire.
8c) Court cost would be determined by the League Manager.
9. Teams that cancel or fail to turn up will pay the opposition’s game fee and concede that match.
10. Scores are to be updated on http://www.topracket.com within SEVEN days of the game being played by the home side. Failure to do so will incure a five point penalty per match that is not updated for the offending team.
11. During play if a shuttle hits the ceiling it is a fault, any fixtures at ceiling height hit will be a let.
12. If a Club has 2 or more teams playing in the same Division, the home and away games must be completed before Christmas.
13. Any complaints about the league, behaviour or events must be submitted to the League Manager. A response will be made within 7 days.
14. If any player is found guilty of gross misconduct that player will not be allowed to continue to play in the Dorset League.
15. The match sheet MUST have all names of all players who played the match.
16. Any team conceding a match will have 12 points removed from their ‘for’ score. As well as 4 points automatic deduction from their league position.